Tuesday, September 15, 2015

KRISHNA

KRISHNA

Krishna is a Hindu deity, worshiped across many traditions of Hinduism in a variety of different perspectives. Krishna is recognized as the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, and one and the same as Lord Vishnu one of the Trimurti and as the supreme god in his own right


Krishna. The word itself has something to it. It somehow magically puts a smile across your face. You immediately feel at peace...at ease.

When I try to think, I cannot really remember when was the first time I started worshiping Krishna. Ours is a religious family & we all believe in idol worship. We have a lot of idols & frames adorning our mandir at home which we worship & of which we do puja every day. We have Shiva, Vishnu, Laxmi, Ganpati, Gajanan Maharaj, Vitthal, & various others.

And then, we have Krishna.

Krishna- immediately putting a smile across your face.



From as long as I remember, I have been liking him the most. I believe in all but for some strange reason, Krishna draws me towards him. The way he is, the way he stands - one leg across the other, tilting slightly, with a flute delicately held in his hand & a peacock feather placed artistically over his crown. I have seen innumerable idols of Krishna - simple, gold, silver, with precious stones embedded, plain, multicolored- but every single one looks just the same- magically simple & sweet. Someone who feels...reachable. Not that other Gods aren't, but it somehow comes easily to Krishna. You don't feel awed, you don't feel scared. Neither do you feel overwhelmed with his power, nor intimidated. All you feel is peace. & oneness.

Though I cannot put my finger on it precisely, but since I can remember, I have been considering Krishna as my brother- a big brother who will always protect me from everything- a loving brother who will always be there for me- a powerful brother who can create magic for me. Since ages now, I have been tying a rakhi to his hand every raksha bandhan. That is one rakhi which I put efforts in when it comes to choosing. Of course, it is for Krishna- it has to be the best. & I tie it as tight as I can- it shouldn't fall off! Though my mom eventually removes it after a few weeks, I somehow always distaste it. He is my brother- shouldn't he always be bound by that rakhi?!



Krishna- I always imagine him as the sweet naughty guy, with chocolate boy looks. If I had to relate him with an actor, I would say Shahid Kapoor- chocolate boy, sweet, cute & something really inviting about him. I don't think people must be getting as star struck with Shahid as they might be with Salman Khan. See my point? Approachable.



Krishna knows everything. He is the only one who knows all my secrets, all my worries, all my joys & all my thoughts. Whenever I am upset, its him I go to. There have been times when I have cried & cried over something, not being able to stop myself & I have practically picked him up & hugged him & cried. & it almost instantly made me feel better. There have been times where I have been disturbed about something & I just sat down across him- looking at him, trying to push away all my thoughts- & somehow miraculously I have been almost instantly put to peace- as if he is actually there- emanating some magic peace waves.

Maybe he actually does stay here.



Once my Mom-Dad gifted me a frame of Krishna. A 3-D frame. Its all black & you can only see a 3-D Krishna in it. I have placed it on a top corner in my room. Once it so happened that we had been talking about God & his presence & my mom was a bit angry at God over certain things better left unsaid. That night, the lights went off. It was pitch dark. As I lay on my bed thinking about what mom had said, I looked in the direction of the frame. I couldn't see it. Of course it was dark with no lights & also was the frame black. I couldn't see Krishna in all the darkness. But was it that he wasn't there?

Of course not. He was very much there- like he has always been. Forever. Just because it was dark & I couldn't see him, didn't mean he wasn't there. Isn't that how it is in life as well? We worship God, we believe he is there when there is all happiness & peace. But the moment we face difficulties, when the dark clouds hover over us, we cannot see God. We start doubting his presence. But that's not how it is. He is always there- being there- always being there like he always has been. Darkness doesn't mean he disappears. Darkness only means that YOU cannot see him. But he is there.



Krishna - my favorite. I un-ashamedly accept that I am biased towards him. The best flower always goes to him. The best rakhi always adorns his hand. The best scent is always first sprayed on him. The best garland is always put on him.

& I am sure, when I cook something good for prasad ever in my life, it will first be for Him.

Very honestly, I never like shopping for people other than for myself. I just get bored unless I am not getting anything. It does not interest me much. But Krishna is the only exception to this. Whenever during Janmashtami I have to go & buy things for Him, I am as excited as I am when it comes to me. No matter how crowded it is, no matter how many options I have to go through- it all doesn't matter. All that matters is, my Krishna should get the best!



I believe in him. 

I believe in him as a sister believes in her brother. I believe in him as a child believes in his mother. I believe in him as a a tree believes in the Sun. I believe in him as a person believes in life.



I have been angry at him at certain instances. I have been upset at him over various reasons. I have fought with him innumerable times. But I have always gone back to him, & he has always  accepted me back- just like nothing ever happened.

Maybe that's how Krishna is- he doesn't get angry at people. He just loves them unconditionally, he just accepts them as they are. He tests you, but he also always helps you out. I have not heard of stories where Krishna punished somebody because the person failed to do something or that he had a "kop" on anyone because someone failed to abide by his promise. I guess that's how he is- always forgiving, always loving, always the same.



Like the Geeta says, Krishna is omnipresent. Maybe he really is. With all honesty, can you be angry at yourself over something? Can you give yourself a punishment over anything? You cannot.

Maybe Krishna is really omnipresent. He is within us. Inside us. In everything. At every place. Maybe that's why accepting comes to him as naturally as it comes to self. Maybe that's why you don't get intimidated with him.

Because he is there everywhere- in air & in leaves, in water & in sky, in flowers & in stars, in the roots & the trees, in a stone & within self. 

He is the beginning, the middle and the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment